    Arco,

 As I see it a SQL Index will be, in most cases, faster than a DDS-based LF.
Check out this excellent article by Dan Cruikshank at:

 www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/db2/pdf/Performance_DDS_SQL.pdf

 Hope this helps.
   Regards,

 Luis Rodriguez

midrange-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:------------------------------

message: 4
date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 11:58:14 +0200
from: Arco Simonse
subject: Grant on sql index

Hi folks,

I have a project for which all data files are created with SQL.
Now another RPGLE program needs to access this data via a keyed logical.
So I have build an extra index over the existing tables and want to use that.

Two questions have come up:

1) It seems to be impossible to set permissions on the SQL index via the SQL
instruction "Grant Select on Myindex to Mygroup". This only applies to tables
and views. How do I set SQL permissions for an index?

2) Is it wise to create an SQL index for traditional use in an RPGLE program,
or is it better to create a logical with CRTLF over the SQL table?

Thanks in advance,Arco Simonse

Luis Rodriguez

IBM Certified Systems Expert
eServer i5 iSeries Technical Solutions