I recently received a "follow-up" letter about an invoice I never received.
It probably has something to do with a leased machine going off of warranty
and onto maintenance.  However, when I called to find out the details, I got
shipped off to an off-shore call center.  When I asked about the invoice,
and I tried to find out if this was indeed the case, I was told that it
couldn't have been free, since "IBM never has free maintenance".  I tried to
explain that this was a leased machine, and the operator told me this had
nothing to do with a lease, but I could cancel the contract if I liked.  I
said I didn't want to cancel, but I wanted to understand why I was getting
billed maintenance for a leased machine.

At that point she told me that I shouldn't be asking about that, that she
was just there to answer questions about the invoice.  I told her that I was
the customer and if she was unable to answer my questions, she needed to get
her manager on the phone.

She hung up on me.  She actually just hung up on me -- and remember, this
was after telling me I could simply cancel my maintenance contract.

And IBM wonders why it is losing revenue!

Joe