Mike Cunningham wrote:
Has anyone ever tried combining the CGI toolset with
letter printing?

Yes, I've found that HTML templates work well for page layout and design, using
element styles to trigger page breaks, but my biggest hurdle in using HTML for
graphical reports and letters are the annoying default headers and footers that
browsers insert into the page when printing.

It would be nice if JavaScript could be used to turn off browser headers and
footers when printing.  The only solution I've come up with so far is giving
users instructions for manually turning off headers and footers using the
browser's print dialog.  Has anyone figured out a better way of handling this
problem?  If so, it seems that HTML would be a viable solution for graphical
printing, perhaps even better than PDF formats.

Maybe one solution would be to output the file to the IFS using a .doc
extension rather than a .html extension, since Word does a nice job of reading
HTML files, and using Word rather than the browser to do the printing :-)

Nathan M. Andelin

Want to start your own business?
Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index