No.  That is not what I needed.

We have a system that allow users to maint a detail file by ranges.
Below is an example of detail file:

ATTR1           ATTR2           ATTR3           NUMBER          ASSIGNED
AAA             BBB             CCC             123             Y
AAA             BBB             CCC             124             N
AAA             BBB             CCC             125             N
AAA             BBB             CCC             126             Y
AAA             BBB             CCC             127             Y
AAA             BBB             CCC             128             Y
AAA             BBB             DDD             123             N

AAA             BBB             DDD             124             N
AAA             BBB             DDD             125             N

AAA             BBB             DDD             126             N
AAA             BBB             DDD             128             Y

The system has a screen that display the above info by ranges from a
summary file
ATTR1           ATTR2           ATTR3           ASSIGNED?
FROM            TO
AAA             BBB             CCC             Y
123             123
AAA             BBB             CCC             N
124             125
AAA             BBB             CCC             Y
126             128
AAA             BBB             DDD             N
123             126
AAA             BBB             DDD             Y
128             128

User can then use a function key to assgined and unassgined by ranges.

This system has been pretty problematic.  We can ethier rewrtie it or
buy a can package.