iSociety newsletter - Updating you on iSociety happenings.
2006 Edition 1 - December 2006

Welcome to the inaugural issue of the iSociety newsletter. This newsletter will
be published occasionally to spread the iSociety word. All submissions are
welcome
+--- Welcome page
Check out the new Welcome page for iSociety @ http://iSociety.org. You can find
links to all your favorite starting points for iSociety. From there, the world
of iSociety will open up!

When you wish to introduce someone to iSociety, this is the place where they
can begin their own journey.

Spread the word, System i rules!

+--- My iSociety Home Page
Now that iSociety is gaining momentum, your membership profile is even more
important. Will other iSociety members be able to find you? Will they recognize
your picture? If you have not completed your membership profile yet, consider
this a gentle nudge.

Log in to your My iSociety Home Page @ http://isociety.common.org, and fill in
your details!

+--- Do you have your own marketing ideas for System i?
One of the more popular pages from iSociety is System i for everyone @
http://www.i4everyone.com/. It is a place for you to submit your marketing
ideas in the form of images, videos, podcasts, etc.
If you have an idea, but not the tools to create the marketing collateral, send
your ideas and we can find someone to work your brilliant idea into a piece of
art. You can find all the details @ http://www.i4everyone.com/upload.

However you do it, remember to visit http://www.i4everyone.com regularly for
the newest in System i marketing from the community, and vote for your favorite!

+--- iSociety Fireside chat
The chat feature available inside the My iSociety pages @
http://www.isociety.org will soon be put to interesting use!
Coming soon in 2007, iSociety will introduce regular fireside chat sessions
with System i luminaries. Every two or three weeks, usually on a Wednesday
around noon Central US time, the chat function will be turned into question
time for an hour.

Our first fireside chat will feature the IBM System i General Manager, Mark
Shearer. Mark is a strong advocate and supporter of iSociety, and is looking
forward to this session. Bring all your questions, and prepare for an
enlightening hour.

If you have suggestions for future fireside chat participants, send an email to
newsletter@xxxxxxxxxxxx to let us know!
Stay tuned for more details!

+--- System i Academic Initiative
The Academic Initiative for System i is launching an exciting new student
competition in January -- aimed at students with little or no knowledge of
System i.
Students will compete in teams representing their schools during this
multi-phased competition -- each phase will be increasingly more difficult.
Many prizes will be awarded, from t-shirts, Amazon.com and iTunes gift
certificates, Apple iPod Nano's, Nintendo Wii's and more.
As part of this competition students will become familiar with iSociety, and in
fact, iSociety members will serve as judges for particular phases. We need your
help to spread the word to any and all colleges and universities you are in
contact with, as well as students, faculty, etc.

We'll keep you updated on the details as they become available in January, so
stay tuned...

+--- Ho Ho Ho
Happy Holidays from iSociety! For all the iSociety members, we have a holiday
treat for you.
Starting on December 25th, 2006 you will find the phrase "HoHoHo" in
participating iSociety web sites.
When you have discovered as many of the HoHoHo's as you can find, log on to
your My iSociety Home Page and send an iSociety email to iSanta @
http://isociety.common.org/email/write/?to=HoHoHo with your count and the URLs
where you found them. If you find more, send another email - only your highest
count will count!
The iSociety member who finds the most HoHoHo's will win a man's watch for you
or as a gift. Three (3) iSociety members who find the highest numbers of
HoHoHo's will be awarded a fabulous prize from IBM - an IBM logo'd Deluxe
Beverage Case.

If you are not already a member, join @ http://www.common.org/wgs/signup.html -
membership is free! Search on! HoHoHo!

+--- Job Postings at COMMON Career Center Are Now Free!!
COMMON is expanding their Career Center @ http://careercenter.common.org, and
we are happy to report that all job postings are now free to both members and
non-members. As a member of iSociety please work with your recruiting team to
post all open System i related jobs on this site. Our goal is to help COMMON
make this site the first place System i clients, partners and students go when
they think about recruiting or looking for jobs.

Starting in January COMMON will continue to add enhancements to this site such
as categories to post internship opportunities and special projects for college
and university students, entry level jobs, tips and techniques for resumes and
job interviews, and other career related information. Let's all make a New
Year's resolution to make this iSociety site a success and all use it!

Its your future and it's a bright one with System i.

If you have any suggestions, contributions or feedback, send an email to
newsletter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
The HTML version of this newsletter can be found @
http://isociety.org/newsletters/2006.01.html
© Copyright 2006 iSociety Foundation. All rights reserved