I doubt the outsourcers can handle that, primarily because CPYSPLF
doesn't work with *AFPDS spool files.

Charles Wilt

Yes, exactly one of the problems. That was my first thought until I
remembered CPYSPLF won't handle it.

Regarding AFPTOOL. We have it and had a few problems. One of the
problems Brad said was an IBM issue and he has tried to get them to
resolve it.
He also thinks we shouuld have gotten SPL2STMF which " will look at the
printer device type and determine which method to use to convert."

We do still use it for some of our reports. Sometimes it converts the
whole report and sometimes not. We have found that persistence is a good
thing. If it's truncated, just run it through again and it might just
work. Many times it's a large report that just quits.

At this point, my boss will not spend another dime on anything iSeries
related since we are developing everything for .NET now. We share the
machine with a few other departments with their own teams of developers.
I was hoping they had allocated some of their budget for InfoPrint or
the other version of Brad Stone's tools. Nope. Sigh.

Thanks for your help - again.

Frances,

Take a look at Brad Stones tools, they are the cheapest ones I know
about.

The whole suite is $999, http://www.bvstools.com/spltoolsuite.html

Which would allow you automate the emailing of a spool file.

Minimum, you'd need SPLTOOL ($399) and if you are using *AFPDS add
AFPTOOL ($379).

Charles Wilt
--

Fran Denoncourt
Sr. Programmer/Analyst

Receipt of this message does not grant you permission to send me
Unsolicited Commercial Email