From: Pete Helgren

"Give me a native [System i] GUI that I can quickly develop, performs
better than other technologies and allows me to go where other
technologies cannot go, and we'll have not only a rockin' box, but a
rockin' box that sells."

I believe that.

Now ho-o-o-old on thar, pardner!

That would sell on ANY platform!  Exactly what would this mythical language
look like?

Have you ever programmed Windows?  The only way you can get anything close
to "quickly" developing GUIs is via something like Visual Basic, which is
hardly a language I would choose for application development (the "performs
better" part tends to lose out here).

Of the high-performance Windows languages, neither C++ nor C# is a simple
language, and the development of the GUI is not trivial in either of those.

And it's no easier in the non-Windows world.  *nix GUIs like GTK and Motif
all require lot of expertise to get beyond the simplest interfaces.  Java,
whether you're talking Swing or SWT/RCP, has a hefty learning curve.

So to expect the iSeries to somehow build simplicity AND power AND looks
into a single user interface architecture is asking a bit much.

Joe