Yes, exactly.  You need a NEP (never ending program) or some other
process (submitted at N interval via job scheduler or something) that
will read the entry off the dataq and perform whatever needs to be done.
 There are likely a few examples to be found via Google.  The dataq
entry is documented in the IBM manuals.

jamesl@xxxxxxxxxxx 11/28/2006 2:47:07 PM >>>

If you don't want to copy them anywhere, or email them
anywhere, can you just change the number of copies printed,
or set the spoolfile to *SAVE status, so it can be
reprinted?

Uh, near as I can tell, from the end-user's description of
what they want to do, the idea is to have the spool files
generated by this print file go to both the originating
user and an additional user.

Rob's idea of having a *DTAQ attached to the *OUTQ, and
monitoring the *DTAQ, sounds the most sensible. But I
don't quite get the part about monitoring the *DTAQ. With
what? Some sort of program that sleeps in the background,
then does a SNDNETSPLF and a CHGSPLFA when the *DTAQ wakes
it up?

--
JHHL