Joe

From: Lapeyre, Francis

We have a Security Office who are the only ones who can create user
profiles. New profiles can't be created unless they appear in HR or are
on an exception list (IBM-supplied, contractors, and so forth). New
profiles are set to *DISABLED, and a new user must call the help desk to
have it enabled. They have to verify the last 4 digits of the user's
SSN. HD has no access to CHGUSRPRF (except through the program that
validates the user through the HR files) or CRTUSRPRF.

When a user is terminated, their profile is automatically disabled early
the next morning, when we get the update from HR. The HD cannot enable
terminated users.