Nick, in RFINTER there shouldn't be any workstation type entries and there shouldn't be any workstation name entries except one that corresponds to a generic entry, i.e., RF*, for the scanning devices.

Your RF subsystem is managing to allocate normal workstation devices because of an incorrect workstation name or type entry.

Nick_Radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
For RFINTER I get  "QPADEV*" for WS name entries, and the type is 5251.

For QINTER I get no WS name entries, and types of: "CONS", 3179, 3180, 3196, 3197, 3277, 3278, 3279, 3476, 3477, 3486 and 3487.

Nick Radich
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
EPC Molding, Inc.
Direct  (320) 679-6683
Toll free  (800) 388-2155  ext. 6683
Fax  (320) 679-4516
nick_radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Léo Lefebvre <leo@xxxxxx> Sent by: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
10/25/06 10:30 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: Weird sign on problems

Then, check the "work station name entries" and "work station type entries" in the Sub-System description(s)

Leo

Nick_Radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Yup, I looked at that, and it was the correct Workstation ID for her, RWHITE1.

thanx

Nick Radich
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
EPC Molding, Inc.
Direct  (320) 679-6683
Toll free  (800) 388-2155  ext. 6683
Fax  (320) 679-4516
nick_radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Jonathan Mason" <jonathan.mason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent by: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
10/25/06 10:19 AM
Please respond to

"'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: Weird sign on problems

Have you checked the workstation name assigned in the Client Access session
configuration?  Click on the "Communication" menu and then select
"Configuration".  There is a field where the Workstation ID can be
specified.  If you leave it blank it will try to connect to a virtual
device.

Jonathan