From: midrange-l-bounces+rallen=drvtech.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces+rallen=drvtech.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 11:24 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: I need Feature Card 2617 for old Model 500

Cars are not really a good analogy.  Perhaps airplanes are a
better
analogy.  Let's say that you are issued multiple
"airworthiness
directives".  Also you are issued multiple governmental
regulations that
you be able to communicate with this and that to go here or
there. Etc.
With cars, the government often issues exceptions for older
cars to get by
exhaust restrictions, noise restrictions, safety features
required on new
vehicles, etc.  You'd be hard pressed to ignore most of
these with
airplanes (yet the average age of a GA airplane is creeping
way up).

You might be able to find one heck of a deal on an older car
for your
child as a new driver, but do you really want someone most
likely to get
in an accident to be driving something without safety belts,
airbags, etc?
 (Pretend it's a child you like, can visit often, and do not
have to pay
child support on.)  :-)

Not staying current on OS and PTF's is like not having
safety belts.