There is a theme in this thread that it is HARD to buy an i5.

When I bought our AS400 model 720 years ago it has a very bad experience
and I dread the time (in about a year) when we will be ordering a new
model (probably called something other than i5 again).

IBM's position is to use a business partner.  The BP has to work with
one of those big 3 or 4 clearing houses.  Rarely does anyone have a
complete picture of what to order.

Anyone remember when the IBM rep would visit you and help your company
stay current.  There hasn't been an IBM SA guy visit us in many many
years.  Do they still exist anywhere?

BPs come in all flavors, unfortunately some don't seem to be very good
at knowing what to order.   IBM has to do more to make it easier to buy
their products.

Don't get me started on IBM leasing.  They were so BAD that we went and
got a loan from a bank and then paid cash for the machine.

Just my opinion,
Greg