Conflicting signs here. If the HMC won't give you a session then the partition is probably not truly running. Does the HMC show SRC of 0000 0000 for that partition?

For the 2838 to not show a light the partition must have it varied down or failed. However most of the time when the card has power and is connected to a switch the thing will show at least one light. This is the conflict.
Are there any abnormal indicators on the 0595?

I strongly doubt the 2838 is the problem here though I would likely try another port on the switch and another cable just because it's so easy to do. My feeling is the partition has somehow failed but how and why I can't hazard a guess.

- Larry

If you can't get

Burns, Bryan wrote:
Cannot telnet to partition.  Cannot ping.  Cannot get a terminal session from HMC.
However, the status of the partition is "running".

Investigation revealed that there's no light on the 2838 IOA card that's in the
0595.  The other end of the Ethernet cable is connected to a core router and it
does show a light.

Is this simply a bad 2838 card?
Bryan Burns
M.I.S. Department