From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Vernon Hamberg
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2006 8:30 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Converting names & street names

All programming languages and SQL have supported various sort
sequences for a long time on the iSeries and its predecessors. To get
mixed case sorted together you use some variant of SRTSEQ(*LANGIDSHR)
- syntax varies by environment. Original data stays as is but is
displayed in order, showing its original values.