Hello Bob,

Here's a small article that I wrote on the SETOBJATR subject a while ago,
that might help you getting started:

Every time a job starts on the iSeries, the job's attributes are collected
from a number of sources, including system values, the job description, user
profile, and subsystem description.
Some attributes are only available at the system level, making it difficult
to customize the job runtime environment if your system serves users who are
located in different parts of the world. This makes batch jobs especially
challenging, as they offer no initial program option of setting up these
attributes, which include some country and culturally significant attributes
such as decimal format, date format, date separator, and time separator.

However, taking advantage of the user profile SETJOBATR (Locale job
attributes) attribute and system locale objects -- OS/400 object type
*LOCALE -- lets you override these values at the user profile level. To find
out what system locales are present on your system, run the command WRKOBJ
QSYS/*ALL *LOCALE.

The following scenario demonstrates how to change four user profiles to
accommodate U.S., English, French, and Danish settings, respectively, for
the attributes mentioned above:

CHGUSRPRF USRPRF(GARY) +
          SETJOBATR(*DECFMT *DATFMT *DATSEP *TIMSEP) +
          LOCALE('/QSYS.LIB/EN_US.LOCALE')

CHGUSRPRF USRPRF(JAMES) +
          SETJOBATR(*DECFMT *DATFMT *DATSEP *TIMSEP) +
          LOCALE('/QSYS.LIB/EN_GB.LOCALE')

CHGUSRPRF USRPRF(MICHELLE) +
          SETJOBATR(*DECFMT *DATFMT *DATSEP *TIMSEP) +
          LOCALE('/QSYS.LIB/FR_FR.LOCALE')

CHGUSRPRF USRPRF(JAN) +
          SETJOBATR(*DECFMT *DATFMT *DATSEP *TIMSEP) +
          LOCALE('/QSYS.LIB/DA_DK.LOCALE')Best regards,
Carsten Flensburg