Guys,

This is what I tried, everybody says it is so easy to
send e-mails from I series, but unfortunately it is
not working for me, I am really in a deep shit here,
kindly help.

This is what I have

My domain name - ganit.us - static ip - 74.137.52.153
My box name - S103GKHM - static ip - 74.137.52.153 -
configured with a static ip connected to internet
outside the router
My ISP DNS mail server - mail.bellsouth.net -
205.152.37.23

These are the steps I followed.

1. Enter command CHGSMTPA, F4 prompt and set the
following values
Autostart server . . . . . . . . *YES
Automatic registration . . . . . *NO
  User ID prefix . . . . . . . . QSM
  Address  . . . . . . . . . . . QSMRMTAD
  System name  . . . . . . . . . TCPIP
  Alias table type . . . . . . . *SYSTEM
Mail router  . . . . . . . . . .
mail.bellsouth.net(this is the same address that I use
to send e-mails when I work from home using outlook
express from my laptop)
-Did all this

2. Using CFGTCP, Option 10=Work with TCP/IP host table
entries, verify your mail server
name is in the table (add if necessary). It is
important that the local mail server DNS
name and IP Address be added into the local AS/400
TCP/IP Host table
-Hence added this - 205.152.37.23
MAIL.BELLSOUTH.NET  to the host table

3. Add following 2 entries in the Directory Entries
table:
ADDDIRE USRID(INTERNET GATEWAY) USRD('Context
switching entry') +
SYSNAME(TCPIP) MSFSRVLVL(*USRIDX) PREFADR(NETUSRID
*IBM ATCONTXT)

ADDDIRE USRID(QSMTPDMY QSMTPSYS) USRD('QSMTP user') +
SYSNAME(TCPIP) MSFSRVLVL(*USRIDX)
-Did these two as well.

4. Use command CHGTCPDMN to set
* HOSTNAME to SYSNAM (SYSNAM is an example; S103GKHM
is my system name.)
* DMNNAME to company.com (company.com is an example;
ganit.us is my domain
name.)
- Did this as well.

5.Using CFGTCP, Option 2=Work with TCP/IP Routes, make
sure here you have the route
destination as *DFTROUTE with the next hop pointing to
a valid router IP address.
- Have *DFTROUTE        *NONE            (Next
hop)192.168.2.1

6. CHGDSTA SMTPRTE(INTERNET GATEWAY)
- Did this as well

7. Be aware to stop and restart the SMTP Server using:
* ENDTCPSVR SERVER(*SMTP)
* STRTCPSVR SERVER(*SMTP)
- Did this as well

SNDDST TYPE(*LMSG) TOINTNET
(('sapugazh@xxxxxxxxx')) DSTD('test mail') MSG('test
mail from S103GKHM')
LONGMSG('test mail from S103GKHM')
- Then tried this and the mail did not go thro?

Kindly help.

Thnx
SAP

--- Wayne McAlpine <wayne.mcalpine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I don't believe the AS/400 can act as an e-mail
client, which appears to
be what you are trying to do. BellSouth has given
you a fixed IP address
and I think what you need to do is register a domain
name of your choice
for that IP address and configure DNS on the AS/400.
 Then configure
SMTP using that domain name.

Pugazh wrote:
- I believe I have done all the config correctly
send e-mail but the email does not go out. Can
any
of
you please help?

- I have an I series box that is connected to the
internet directly thro' my isp bellsouth.
This box hosts a website.

- Bellsouth gave me the mail router address -
mail.bellsouth.net also three IP addresses -
those
are
the IP Addresses for the DNS mail server.

- I have the CHGSMTPA set up with mail router as
mail.bellsouth.net

- I have the CFGTCP also done with
mail.bellsouth.net
and the corresponding IP address

- I have these two created as well ADDDIRE
USRID(INTERNET GATEWAY) USRD('Context switching
entry') +

SYSNAME(TCPIP) MSFSRVLVL(*USRIDX)
PREFADR(NETUSRID
*IBM ATCONTXT)

ADDDIRE USRID(QSMTPDMY QSMTPSYS) USRD('QSMTP
user')
+
SYSNAME(TCPIP) MSFSRVLVL(*USRIDX)

- I am not sure if I did this correctly -
CHGTCPDMN
-
I have the host name, What is  a domain name? I
don't
have a domain name ? What is this exactly?
Currently
have it as bellsouth.net.

- CHGDSTA SMTPRTE(INTERNET GATEWAY) - I have this
done.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thnx
SAP

protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

Before posting, please take a moment to review the
archives