If it is a wrklnk limit, then I need to pursue the RPGLE problem with another post to the rpg group. I can see the program that processes readdir is not halting or showing any kind of error, but it certainly is not getting to the end of the directory. The opendir is ok, and
I have debugged the readdir for several records and all appears ok.
jim franz

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Ryan" <michaelrtr@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2006 11:58 AM
Subject: Re: ifs wrklnk error

I get this error...I thought it was just a WRKLNK display limitation, not a
problem with the directory or file system.

On 7/17/06, Bryan Dietz <BDietz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Looks like you are well within the *TYPE2 limits...  Maybe a call to
IBM......

Can you open in a Netserver share???

<snip>
Maximum number of directories in one
*TYPE1 directory in the ?root? (/), QOpenSys,
or user-defined file systems
32,765

Maximum number of directories in one
*TYPE2 directory in the ?root? (/), QOpenSys,
or user-defined file systems
999,998

Maximum number of *TYPE1 directory links
for an object in the ?root? (/), QOpenSys,
or user-defined file systems
32,767

Maximum number of *TYPE2 directory links
for an object in the ?root? (/), QOpenSys,
or user-defined file systems
1,000,000
</snip>

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/index.jsp?topic=/rzamp/rzampfilesys.htm