Good stats!  We decided on the CEC only version with 4 drives on the 40mb
imbedded and 4 drives on a 90mb 5776.  I think we're gonna be fine...

             "Jones, John
             \(US\)"
             <John.Jones@xxxxx                                          To
             l.com>                    "Midrange Systems Technical
             Sent by:                  Discussion"
             midrange-l-bounce         <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx                                             cc

                                                                   Subject
             07/12/2006 05:16          RE: New 520+ Shipment
             PM

             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

Our production box has 54 70GB 15K disks (3.1TB/RAID5).  Our DR box has
fewer arms (42) but more capacity (5TB/RAID5) as the 140GB 15K disks had
become available when we bought it.  I only spec the fastest spindle
speed disks that are available which is why I avoided the 300GB 10K
disks.

Our dev LPAR has the 6 140GB 15K disks in the 570 CEC with the
small-cache RAID card.  It runs RTVDSKINF about 1.5 times faster than
the 830 it replaced; the 830 had 62 17GB 10K arms.

John A. Jones, CISSP
Americas Information Security Officer
Jones Lang LaSalle, Inc.
V: +1-630-455-2787 F: +1-312-601-1782