From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
ChadB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 1:11 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: 5727 and 5776 (520+ disk options)

Another point is that I wouldn't be trying to drive all 8 from the
imbedded controller, but instead with the added PCI-X  5776 controller.
I think i'm reading that at least some of the drives have to be driven
by the embedded controller on the 520s, but wanted to find out
definitively.

We just decided today that we're not going to put an IXS on this machine
(decided against BlackBerry Enterprise Server), so i've got some more
card slots to play with now and the no-expansion CEC looks more doable
now.