From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
ChadB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 12:29 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: 5727 and 5776 (520+ disk options)

Ok... Who's familiar with the 520+, 5727 (embedded 40mb cache RAID
controller), and 5776 (90mb cache PCI-X RAID controller)?

It looks like I can put a 5776 in our new 520+'s CEC, but i'm trying to
figure out for sure if I can drive all 8 drives in the CEC with it.  One
item i'm reading makes me think I have to drive the 4 drives in the base
slot with the embedded 5727 controller.  Does anyone know this for sure?

If I can drive them all with the 5776, would it be better to drive them
all with the 90mb controller, or split them with each controller driving
4
drives?    "It depends", right?  ;)