Hi Marvin

Why do you have these DDM files pointing at the other machine in the first place ? Are the DDM files on the development machine simply to test that your DDM processes work ? I really hope you don't have files in production pointing to data on your development machine...

What I would do (and have done) is to display all the DDM file to an out file using DSPDDMF. Based on this data:

On the production machine I would simply delete any DDM files that refer to development data (it can't be a good idea to do this)

On the development machine I would delete all the DDM files that point to production that are not required for testing DDM functions.

For those DDM files that need to be available to test program functionality I would create duplicates of the target files, put them in another library and point the development DDM files to those duplicate files on the **Development** machine NOT to the original files on the production machine.

Depending on how your DDM files are set up you should be able to secure the target physicals on production so that they cannot be updated from the development machine. I forget how to do this using SNA DDM files, but using DDM over TCP you would simply make sure that the server authentication entries on the production machine did not include any users from the development machine.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Evan Harris