I'm with Jerry on this one.

We used Track-It (Intuit) with Oracle before moving to Peregrine
ServiceCenter (also sucks, but for other reasons).  Track-It had
horrible performance.  It requires a good deal of network bandwidth and
was useless on slow connections.  The web client is less resource
intensive, but buggy.

I doubt using an iSeries for the db would help Track-It.  If you're
looking to integrate iSeries applications with Track-It you might be
better off talking to Intuit about APIs.

Unfortunately "turf wars" can make for bad solutions and this sounds
like one.  If you are getting poor support from the SQL Server group,
document it and confront them.  If the solution is for your group to
take over Track-It, maybe you can run it on your own server.  If turf is
defined by the type of the "box", an integrated xSeries server, might be
the solution.

If you do run Track-It on DB2, post your results.