1) Yes
2) Some ideas...
IBL = Incredible Business Language
ABPL = Advanced Business Programming Language
PERFECT =  "I code in PERFECT"
HAPPY = "My code is HAPPY"
WLNM = Was Legacy, Now Modern
iRPG = IBM's Real Programming lanGuage

----- Original Message ----- From: "Neil Palmer" Subject: Open Source RPG ?

At COMMON the idea of renaming RPG was floating
around, and there was also a suggestion that IBM
should open source it.  A short poll:

1) Would you be in favor of IBM Open Sourcing RPG ?
   (give reasons why or why not if you want)

2) If IBM were to Open Source RPG I think a rename of
the language would be inevitable (I can't see the Open
Source community embracing "Report Program
Generator").  So what name would you give it?

Something cool & catchy presumably, as I don't think
IBM's normal naming policy (come up with the most
bland, dull, boring & unimaginative name possible)
would fly.  :-)

...Neil