From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pete Helgren
Sent: Saturday, April 01, 2006 11:37 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Twinax console refuses to give signon screen

This is really weird.

The devices that I have substituted in are consoles from other systems (

I have an 800 and an 720).  So the addresses are set at 0.  All three
consoles work on the 800 and the 720.  I even swapped and tested all
three cables which work on the 800 and 720.  However, when I connect
them to the 170 I get nothing.  It will autoconfig a 3476 device and the

status goes to vary on pending but the device itself never becomes
active.  I tried deleting the device several times and I tried other
addresses just to see if it is a "console" thing.  I varied the
controller off, deleted the device and then varied the controller on.  I

get a device description created, no signon screen.

The alternate brick was an attempt to isolate a possible hardware issue
but that brick works on the 720 and is identical to the original on the
170 but made no difference.  I am down to a possible card problem but
the 170 isn't reporting any hardware problems at all.

Strange, very strange.

Pete