Jason,

you could check out CODE/400.

It is much less demanding than WDSCi, and you can still get more lines on
your display (in my case, 57  lines on a 1280 x 1024 display)

The current version can be installed separately from WDSCi, if I'm not
mistaken.

HTH,

Peter Colpaert
Application Developer
PLI - IT - Kontich, Belgium
-----
Yoda of Borg are we.  Futile is resistance, assimilated will you be.
-----

Jason Spiro <jasonspiro4+gmane@xxxxxxxxx>
27/03/2006 11:28
Please respond to

midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Is it possible to get an extra-large (43x80 or 63x80) display in a5250
emulator?

Hi all,

I am using the excellent open-source tn5250 emulator, sometimes on
Windows, sometimes on Linux. I work in PDM and SDA mostly.

I would like to get a taller display than 132 columns by 27 rows. I
understand that most hosts that 3270 terminals connect to can usually
do 43x80 and sometimes up to 63x160. But when I enable the 43x80 option
in a 3270 emulator I have hanging around then connect to the AS/400, I
get just a 24x80 screen with a big empty space at the bottom.

I do not want to install WDSC as it's a little too bloated for my taste.

Is there a way to get a taller screen size?

Failing that, is there an IDE less bloated than WDSC that can edit CL
and DDS and has a free demo version available?

Thanks in advance,
Jason Spiro
Toronto, Canada