From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 9:49 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: RE: MIMIX/TURNOVER

You are right that no one is going to put the negative stories on their
sites.  But, have you found a story on Mimix's site on someone who
switched from iTera?

Have you had a HA vendor say "Call IBM!  It's a remote journaling
problem!"?

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

"Haase, Justin C." <justin.haase@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
02/14/2006 10:10 AM
Please respond to

"Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Fax to

Subject
RE: RE: MIMIX/TURNOVER

Will the stories of how iTera, Mimix, Datamirror, et al didn't meet a
customer's needs be on their own sites?  Doubtful.  Your mileage may
vary - ask your proposed vendor to speak with actual customers -
glossies certainly can "gloss over" some messes and will never state how
things didn't work.  The HA decision is a huge one - do ALL YOUR
HOMEWORK before choosing - you don't want to be like England trucking
and switch vendors three times - that has to really be a pain.

BTW - we run Mimix, both ha1 and haLite.  Stamp of approval to them,
that's for sure.  They will go the extra mile and not run the other way
and say "Call IBM!  It's a remote journaling problem!"

My .02

--
Justin C. Haase - iSeries System Engineer
IBM Certified Systems Expert - eServer i5