To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 11:25 AM
Subject: Losing Device Descriptions when system is powered down

*** Disclaimer: My knowledge of devices is pretty limited

I have 2 printers that lose their device descriptions when our system is
powered down. When the system comes back up they are created by auto
configuration and don't work correctly. I can't figure out why only
these 2 devices lose their configurations and no other devices seem to.
I assume that when the system goes down the device descriptions are
being deleted. I don't know how else they would be autoconfigured on
start up. I don't see any device configuration going on in the start up
unless the program QWCSWTRS handles device configurations. For the time
being I have to delete the autoconfiged devices and recreate with the
correct settings.

Is there a way that I can prevent the devices from being lost or deleted
when the system is powered down or a way that I can get the printers to
configure correctly when the system comes back up without creating a
program? Finally, if these printers were daisy chained could that be
what is causing the initial problem of losing the devices?

Thanks in advance.