Tom,

I find the Easy400 (Giovanni Perotti's) mail routines very easy to use.
You can find them at www-922.ibm.com  or at wwww.easy400.net . I think
it is MSF-based, though.

There is also the JavaMail API. I myself have not used it, but some
people seem to consider it a good alternative.

Best Regards,

Luis Rodríguez

> ------------------------------
>
> message: 6
> date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 11:13:29 -0800
> from: Tom Jedrzejewicz <tomjedrz@xxxxxxxxx>
> subject: Sending an eMail - alternatives to SNDDST
>
> In another thread, Kevin Touchette's problems with SNDDST and MSF were
> discussed.  Apparently the MSF is a problem, although it hasn't been
> on my system.  However, I get the impression that SNDDST is
> essentially deprecated.
>
> Rob Berendt suggested renaming or securing SNDDST to encourage the use
> of an alternative.  On my system there seem to be a number of email
> commands, including a trial of Brad Stone's MAILTOOL and several
> included with other packages.
>
> Can anyone suggest a good, cheap alternative to SNDDST?  Is there a
> non-MSF or standard SMTP command or program provided in the OS?
>
> Thanks ..
>
> --
> Tom Jedrzejewicz
> tomjedrz@xxxxxxxxx