  Mary Lou   Roberts sampling of opinions from a handful of iSeries ISVs may
not be   statistically representative, but it seems true that iSeries ISVs will
largely   determine the future of the platform.  IBM seems to be recognizing
that, and has   been building better relationships with them (us, I guess,
since I work for an   iSeries ISV).

    In our market   segment, I'm hopeful about increasing market share, perhaps
ten fold, in the   next ten to twenty years.  I believe other ISVs would
experience similar growth   if they were using the same approaches that we are.
 We're deploying some of the   most robust administrative applications ever
developed on any platform, using   new browser based interfaces.

    Nathan M.   Andelin

Al Mac <macwheel99@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Al Mac thought other folks might find
this article of interest.

ISVs are interviewed to see how optimistic they are about the long term
future of OS/400, and what has hurt that, and what its competitive
strengths are.  Then there is a comparison ot IBM sales to the competition,
and how the numbers compare.  Is one AS/400 the equal of 100ds or thousands
of Windows servers?