As much as we all hate to whine...

The listed rate for the conference Holiday Inn Express is $99/night.
Assuming one could save $30/night by staying out of downtown would that
be worth the $200 non-conference hotel fee?  Heck the Downtown Hilton is
the highest priced at $143/night.

I personally wouldn't recommend taking your vehicle downtown unless you
really think it's worth it.  Per the Holiday Inn Express it costs $12.00
per night to park there.  The light rail does run from the Airport or
the Mall of America and although it is about eight blocks to the
convention center from the Government Plaza station you can hit a
skywalk within a block and walk indoors the rest of the way.

As my Grandfather always said, "Work hard and save your money!"

Regards,

Scott Ingvaldson
iSeries System Administrator
GuideOne Insurance Group