From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 9:52 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: COMMON in Minneapolis - affordable hotels..

How about driving? I'll be driving to Minneapolis for COMMON - how
terrible is the traffic in the morning/evening? Is there decent parking
near the COMMON site?

Vadnais  Heights on the St Paul side or Columbia Hieghts/Fridley area on
the  Minneapolis side.

>   I have a cousin who swears that the only way to motel it for a week
is  one of those "extended stay" efficiency style apts that are linked
to  Fairfields (a Marriot partner) or Holiday Inn (he also has 6 kids
and a  dog which may figure into his decision).

>   Personally, I like the Embassy Suites near the Mall of America (only
149.00 a night but it includes a nightly manager's reception from 5-7
pm (free drinks and munchies) and a free breakfast (from omelettes
cooked on the spot to cold cereal and toast) AND a free St Paul
newspaper)

>   Only thing would be getting across to Minneapolis during rush hour
(does that Metro Rail thing run to Mpls?).

> Don <dr2@xxxxxxxx> wrote:  Richard,
>
> Once had a $$marriott$$ quote me a price like that for a room...I told
them
> what had better be alongside that mint on my
> pillow for that rate...or bringing me my coffee in the morning...
They
> didn't like my sense of humour... :)
>
> Don in DC
>
> --------------------------------------
>

> At 08:13 PM 11/19/2005 -0600, you wrote:
> >Paul, you can stay at my place, but it's $400/night :-)
> >
> >You might also have to sleep with one of the cats :-)
> >
> >Regards,
> >Richard Schoen
> >RJS Software Systems Inc.
> >"Providing Your....iNFORMATION NOW!"
> >Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
> >Tel: (952) 898-3038
> >Fax: (952) 898-1781
> >Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT
> >

> >pnelson@xxxxxxxxxx
> >11/19/2005 10:40 AM

> >Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
> >cc
> >richard@xxxxxxxxxxx
> >Subject
> >Re: COMMON in Minneapolis - affordable hotels..
> >

> >What! 2 conferences in a row? I'm sorta thinking about staying at my
> >buddy's house in Golden Valley. I'd stay at my Mom's, but the traffic
> >coming in from Edina is awful in the AM. Maybe we could all stay with
Dan
> >Kimmel, Vern Hamberg, and Richard Schoen..... :-))
> >--
> >
> >Paul Nelson
> >Arbor Solutions, Inc.
> >708-670-6978  Cell
> >pnelson@xxxxxxxxxx
> >

> >Don
> >Sent by: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> >11/18/2005 06:20 PM
> >
> >Please respond to
> >Midrange Systems Technical Discussion

> >Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
> >cc
> >
> >Subject
> >COMMON in Minneapolis - affordable hotels..
> >

> >Well, folks, I'm planning my trip to the conference and expo in
> >Minneapolis
> >currently referred to as COMMON.... :) :)
> >
> >Now, since I was able to get a VERY nice fully furnished 3 b/r suite
in
> >Lake Buena Vista (3 miles from the $$marriott$$) in Orlando, for the
> >princely sum of
> >$400 (for a full 7-day week), I'm curious what's available in
Minneapolis.

> >Anyone started their hotel hunting for Minneapolis yet?
> >
> >I like to plan ahead...
> >
> >Thanks  and Happy Pilgrim Day...
> >
> >Don in DC
> >

> >--
> >This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L)
mailing