(After two days out of the office, sorry for out of dates...)

Since IBM's development in CL has rose from the ashes in V5R3, do you
suppose a flood of DCR's may get them to fix this anomaly?  I know, I
know, some may feel it is a bug, and it probably is, but let's flood with
DCR's anyway.
https://www-912.ibm.com/r_dir/ReqDesChange.nsf/Request_for_Design_Change?OpenForm

 Request title*
Fix anomalies with using CALL in the CMD parameter of SBMJOB

 Detailed description of the request (including unique usage)*
 If you do a SBMJOB CMD(CALL MYPGM PARM(...)) where the values for PARM
may be:
- a decimal not stored as 15,5 packed
- a character variable not a certain length
unpredictable results may occur.

Workarounds include:
- Making all your variables a certain length
- Using custom commands instead of CALL
- Using the RQSDTA parameter instead of the CMD parameter
- Doing odd tricks like storing an additional non blank character at the
end of a long string variable
These stupid workaround tricks are confusing to newbies.

 Priority*
Medium

 Requested cmpletion date (MM/DD/YYYY)
02/01/2006

 Problem area*
Control Language-CL

 Importance of this request to your business / Impact to your company if
IBM does not provide a solution*
 Increased development costs

 Requirement type*
Long range or strategic (required to meet long-range needs)

 Solution suggestions (include your ideas for a solution)
 Fix the problem using CALL in the CMD parameter of SBMJOB, etc.