From: midrange-l-bounces+lim.hock-chai=usamobility.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces+lim.hock-chai=usamobility.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 12:34 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: RE: SBMJOB is trimming the tailing blanks

It doesn't actually trim at the last non-blank. If you gave it all 510
characters with blanks out to the end, it should work, if I remember
this correctly. What the KB says is, if the parameter is longer than 32,
the system does not pad out to the length of the parameter when coming
from a command line or equivalent. So you get whatever is in memory
beyond the last character you passed (even a blank). To verify this, you
will need to view parameters in hexadecimal in STRDBG. To do this, on
the debug command line type

eval &parm : x

Here is a simple sample to point this out:

pgm (&char20 &char32 &char99)
dcl &char20 *char 20
dcl &char32 *char 32
dcl &char99 *char 99