Lou:

They get some messages that are in the IFS, and don't get others?

In outlook express, can you look at the detailed send/receive entries/errors
while it's downloading?

If you try another client, does it work? Try to connect with a mozilla email
reader or something.

Can't be the 400, can't be. :-)

Art