Jan--

Once you have saved your data to a *SAVF, you have 3 options to move that data to tape:

SAVOBJ....

SAVLIB  SAVFDTA(*YES)   <--- not sure of the parameter name...

SAVSAVFDTA This command copies the contents of a SAVF to tape. The resulting tape is just as if you had saved the data to tape in the first place. You can then use RSTOBJ or RSTLIB directly from the tape.

If you SAVOBJ or SAVLIB SAVFDTA(*YES), you have to use RSTOBJ to bring the SAVF from tape to the system, then use RSTOBJ to pluck something out of the SAVF.

--Paul E Musselman
PaulMmn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi!

I backup to savf "savlib *allusr *savf" in the night and in the morning
backing the savf to tape with savobj tap03.
What is purpose of the command savsavfdta?

Regards Jan Rockstedt
Avinova AB
nic-hdl: JR1543-RIPE