We ran an ES/9000 for a few years, before that we had
a 4381.  Our downtime was miniscule... IMO, if a company
is running a Z-Series mainframe and they're going down 2-3
times a week - somebody should be fired or problematic
hardware should be replaced by IBM.  I'm surprised that
a company can not achieve the proverbial five 99999's
with a Z-Series platform - it should be as reliable as
an iSeries (at a minimum).

Terry

                    <snipped for bandwidth>