Hi,
     I'm trying to pass a parameter  to a QMquery via STRQMQRY and I
thought I'd found the solution

Figure 66. Test Query SELECT Statement
                                DB2 for AS/400 Query Management

 Query  . . . . . . :   SALARYQ3
   Library  . . . . :     EXAMPLE
 Text . . . . . . . :   TEST QUERY
 SEQNBR |...+....1....+....2....+....3....+....4....+....5....+....6....
 000001 SELECT JOB,DEPT,NAME,ID,YEARS,SALARY,COMM
 000002        FROM TESTDATA/STAFF
 000003        WHERE JOB = &COND1 AND SALARY < &COND2
 000004        ORDER BY JOB,SALARY
                                  * * * * *   END OF SOURCE   * * *
The CL program in Figure 67
<http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r1/ic2924/info/qmp/rbaromst294.
htm>  uses the query shown in Figure 66
<http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r1/ic2924/info/qmp/rbaromst293.
htm> .
Figure 67. CL Program Source File
                                          SEU SOURCE LISTING
  SOURCE FILE . . . . . . . EXAMPLE/SOURCE
  MEMBER  . . . . . . . . . CLPGM
  SEQNBR*...+... 1 ...+... 2 ...+... 3 ...+... 4 ...+... 5 ...+... 6 ...
    100 PGM PARM(&VAR1 &VAR2 &VAR3 &VAR4)
    200 DCL &VAR1 *CHAR LEN(6)
    300 DCL &VAR2 *CHAR LEN(6)
    400 DCL &VAR3 *CHAR LEN(6)
    500 DCL &VAR4 *CHAR LEN(10)
    600 DCL &CHARJOB *CHAR LEN(10)
    700 CHGVAR    VAR(&CHARJOB) VALUE('' *TCAT &VAR1 *TCAT '''')
    800 STRQMQRY QMQRY(EXAMPLE/SALARYQ3) QMFORM(EXAMPLE/&VAR4) +
    900          OUTPUT(&VAR3)                                +
   1000          SETVAR((COND1 &CHARJOB) (COND2 &VAR2))
   1100 ENDPGM

        * * * *  E N D  O F  S O U R C E  * * * *
This is at:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r1/ic2924/index.htm?info/rzala/r
zalamsg.html

But the CHGVAR above is illegal even though it's in an IBM manual!
Anybody any ideas on what I really need to pass a parameter similar to
this?  I think I need to add a quote either side of the parameter  and
yet not have the parameter end up in quotes.

Regards
Ian

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are proprietary and intended
you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender. Please note
that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Industries, Inc. The
recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of
viruses. ITT Industries accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this e-mail.