There is some additional overhead associated with a BRMS save. However, the
only scenario I can think of that would add 5 hours to your SAVSYS would be
if you have a system with multiple Auxiliary Storage Pools. In this kind of
configuration BRMS has a default option to save authority for every object
in a user ASP. If you have a lot of ASP's with a lot of objects, this can
take considerable time. There is a way around this though. You can tell BRMS
NOT to save authority data for users ASP's.

>From your main BRMS menu enter:

GO BRMBKUPCY

>From the Backup Policy Menu, take Option 2. Work with items to omit from
backup.

Add the following entries to omit saving user ASP authority from a SAVSYS or
SAVSECDTA save:

Type     Backup item

*SAVSYS  *USRASPAUT
*SECDTA  *USRASPAUT