Kyle, are you looking at the 7391 (non-RAID) or the 7393 (RAID)?  The
non-RAID version comes out quite a bit lower, since PW members get the
vast majority of the software for free.  In fact, my configuration with
an additional 1GB of RAM is about $12K, plus $180/yr for software
maintenance.

I'm not sure where you got your numbers for the Value edition, but since
the box lists at $16,300, the extra RAM alone (it only comes with 512MB)
puts it at about $18K.  I don't know how much 36GB of DASD is, but my
bet is that it's relatively expensive (these are Ultra-SCSI 320 15K
drives, which even for PCs cost about $300).  Add a ton of money if you
go RAID; the RAID option on the Express box costs $5700.  Then throw in
your adapters and such, and I'm thinking you're closer to $20K (maybe
$19K with only 1GB of RAM).

Anyway, if you talk to IBM, they will run the configurations for you and
let you know the costs.

Joe