> fedex kinkos appears to have a web services interface:

Yes - and it still takes a human to drag, drop, click, etc with a mouse to
send an order (notice the words "download a client" in their article?.....
Why is it nobody thinks about server to server transactions?
The best part is that when you bring this up, I get the Homer Simpson
response (blank stare) and "i dunno....". I think it's because this is the
generation
that grew up with mouse in hand.... If you sense my frustration,
it's because this is just another in a long list that some vendors call
"progress".
(a few months ago, same customer upgraded to the latest & greatest fax
server
from a vendor i will not name. They removed many of the commands the prev
version had, where I could send it from the iSeries, and put them all in a
"new WinXP graphical interface"....
So now several tasks I had automated on the iSeries job scheduler now
require
a human (with a mouse).
jim