Brian,

We also use Aldon as our CMS.

I understand what you are saying about CPYF using the equivalent of the
"OVERRIDING SYSTEM VALUES" clause of the SQL INSERT statement.

That explains why my CPYF test I mentioned in other post failed.

So what you are saying is that its not the initial change to the file when the
identity column is added, its whenever the file is changed afterward that CPYF
causes a problem.

Interesting.

I can see how having CPYF behave this way is useful, but it doesn't seem right
that you have to come up with your own utility to reset the "next identity
value to use".  In addition, it seems like CPYF ought to offer a way to control
the behavior like the SQL insert does.

Did you open PMRs with IBM and/or Aldon when you hit this?

Thanks,

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
ph: 513-573-4343