From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Marco Facchinetti
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2005 11:50 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Create View

1. the file is on Iseries and is continously updated.

2. when I says "hundreds Sql" I mean each doing something like this:

select * from x,y where x.field1 = y.field1 and y.field2 in('01' '03') order
by....

The point is that the "flat" file contains a lot of data very usefull to select
records and I
don't want to substring all the times with hardocde positions.

Thanks in advance
Marco

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs