(physical table). This will more expensive than using a view or a UTF.

From: The creation and use of materialized query tables
      within IBM DB2 UDB for iSeries by Michael Caine
"DB2 UDB for iSeries does not automatically keep materialized query tables
synchronized with the base tables. When the base tables are changing due to
insert, update or delete activity, there can be a difference between the
contents of the MQT(s) and the contents of the base tables. This difference
represents the data latency.

It is the responsibility of the user or programmer to refresh or maintain
the MQT data. If user queries are accessing MQTs and the MQT(s) are not
maintained as the base table(s) change, the query results will increasingly
diverge away from the results obtained from querying the base tables
directly."

For more information about MQT read:
The creation and use of materialized query tables within IBM DB2 UDB for
iSeries by Michael Caine
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/enable/site/education/abstracts/438a_abs.html

Birgitta

Mit freundlichen Grüßen