Jim,

Something you need to consider...what does the client do?

Sure a hot site would keep you running if a hurricane takes out the building.
But if the client's a manufacturer, and the manufacturing facilities are wiped
out does it really matter if the computers can still run?

At minimum, I'd consider a generator for your client.  Then at least power
outages, no matter what the cause, would be simply an inconvenience instead of
a disaster.

If a hot/warm/cold site could really help you.  It's not going to be cheap
going thru the big guys like Sunguard.  Figure at least a couple of grand a
month for a cold site.

May want to look for regional providers.

Heck, if your office is a reasonable distance away and you have other customers
who could benefit, perhaps you could offer DR service yourself.  The
partitioning capability of the new i5's make it pretty easy to set up.

Thinking outside the box; when I worked for a independent pharmaceutical
wholesaler we had a working relationship with another smaller independent on
the other side of the state.  I proposed working with them to see if we could
come to an agreement where each of us had an LPAR on the other's box used with
a HA solution to provide for DR.  The idea being not only would we be able to
keep the system up, but we'd be able to ship from the other wholesaler's
inventory for a day or two if our single location was damaged/destroyed.  The
other wholesaler would be able to do the same if something happened to their
single location.

Of course the proposal never got anywhere.  If something happens to the
building the company will probably go out of business.  What's sad is that they
used to have multiple locations.  Most of which were consolidated into the
current single location for cost savings.  However, the last secondary location
was destroyed due a roof collapse during a heavy rain.  Luckily, they were able
to recover the disks / backups from the destroyed location and do emergency
processing / consolidation at the current location.

Good luck,

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
ph: 513-573-4343