Oh....

I'd open a PMR on that baby.  Found a v4r5 PTF that mentions a problem with NOT
LIKE.  But nothing else.

Sounds like a bug to me, not a syntax problem.

What version of OS/400 are you on and do you have the latest cume and DB group
PTFs loaded?

Can you try it in STRSQL?

What about "Run SQL Scripts" in iSeries Navigator?

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
ph: 513-573-4343
fax: 513-398-1121