V5R3 is extremely stable.  On hardware that will run a prior release, it is
probably the best release of OS/400 that we have ever had.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

"i" comes before "p", "x" and "z"
e gads

Our system's had more names than Elizabeth Taylor!

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com
http://www.as400connection.com

             Robert Perno
             <r_perno@xxxxxxxx
             Sent by:                  "'MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx'"
             midrange-l-bounce         <MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx                                             cc

                                                                   Subject
             05/09/2005 09:45          V5R1 to V5R3
             AM

             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

Hello everyone,

             We are preparing to upgrade our Model 270 from V5R1 to V5R3 in
the
near future.  I have checked the archives and realize this jump is
possible.
I was wondering if anyone has had any problems performing the upgrade or if
anyone could share any tips (possibly an OS upgrade checklist) on what to
look out for.  Also interested in the stability of V5R3.  Any information
would be greatly appreciated.

Bob Perno