Dwayne

Signon as security officer again and, on the command line, type

dspautusr

and press Enter.

You will get a list of all existing user profiles. Those with an "X" against them do not have a password.

As security officer, you cannot look up the password of anyone else, but you can change the password of any user profile.

To do this, type

wrkusrprf *all

and press Enter.

For any profile whose password you wish to change, type a "2" alongside and press Enter and you will then be able to change the password.

You need to be careful before you start this. If it is a brand new box, then you will only want to change QSYSOPR at first.

You need to understand what the other profiles beginning with "Q" do before changing them. Many are not intended to have passwords.

If it is a new box, you will need to create new user profiles with the correct initial program that will call the application(s) that they need.

In my view, you should set those up with

LMTCPB set to *yes

so that they cannot type in commands.

You might also wish to type

wrksysval *all

and press Enter and go through each value, changing defaults that do not suit your company - e.g. date format, etc.

To give a full answer to your question would take many pages, but I hope the above will get you started.

Rob Dixon