Marc

Marc Rauzier wrote:

Strange behaviour !

Perhaps but I imagine that it is for security reasons.

Do you mean that, when using a WSG session, it does not use the telnet

server (eg port 23) ?

No. It uses 5061 or others.

Maybe with this API :

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r1/ic2924/info/apis/qtoclstnetc
nn.htm

(or http://minilien.com/?QO9mAMAqZ1)

Brain got there  few minutes before you.  I am most grateful to you both.

This API seems to test all network connections Is there another that only tests the connections of the user's job?

I am not aware of a WSG exit program. If there is one, then I
could probably solve the problem as you suggest. Have you found
one?

Check the TCP/IP Configuration and reference :

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r1/ic2924/books/c4154204.pdf

Thank you also for this. I have never used an TCP/IP exit program but I will investigate this. It might be simpler than the API.

* in your kernel program, you retrieve the IP address using the
right API and you test the flag

The API would not be relevant but the flag would be

I wanted to mean the API to retreive the IP address of the session (QDCRDEVD). Did you think do this one ?

As I have said, the server IP address will the same for both telent and WSG.

testing the incoming port using the API or setting a flag as you suggest both seem good solutions.

Because of other commitments, it will be a little while before I can have a go

* if there is the flag, you can say the session is coming from a browser
* if there is no flag, you can say the session is coming from a
pure telnet session

Something like that.

Rob