Marc

Marc Rauzier wrote:

Le ven. 06 mai 2005 10:52:30, Rob Dixon écrivait:

5250 emulators use port 23. WSG uses other ports. If I can find
out which port is in use, I think that would solve the problem. Can I do this and if so how?

The default port of the WSG server is 5061.

This I know and once you have logged on, it changes all the time. If I could test for port number then, if it was port 23, I would know that I am using an emulator.

Take a look here for information about the WSG :

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r1/ic2924/info/rzal3/rzal3overv
iew.htm

(or http://minilien.com/?McsuC7vZnU)

To solve your problem, you can maybe try to play with the exit program associated with the server. Something like : the exit program setup a flag for the IP address which means that it is used by WSG. If there is no flag for the IP address, it means that it is used by a pure telnet session. Just an idea.

Unless I have misunderstood, this would not work as both WSG and telnet use the same IP

Many thanks for your continued interest.

Rob