thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Bryan Dietz
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 2:49 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: AS/400 system scratch and restart

>From the BR guide Chapter 4:

2  Install the Licensed Internal Code and Initialize system
Installs the Licensed Internal Code and removes all data from all disk
units. Option 2 is similar to Function Code 24 on earlier versions of the
iSeries or AS/400 server. Option 2 is normally used in the following
situations: v You are doing a restore operation using the SAVSTG media. v
You are restoring to another system to recover from a complete system loss.
v You are recovering with SAVSYS media that is at a previous release than
what is currently installed on the system.If a system is configured to use
Operations Console, and that system undergoes a backup and recovery cycle,
you will have to perform the following steps: 1. Performâ an initial
program load (IPL) in Manual mode. 2. Use dedicated service tools (DST) to
reconfigure the system so that it will detect the PC console when you
perform an IPL in Normal mode.Detailed instructions on setting up
Operations Console are in the Connecting to iSeries topic in the iSeries
Information Center at http://www.ibm.com/eserver/iseries/infocenter.

That is from the DST screen. but the hint is there to use option 24 from
the front panel.  IIRC there will be another SRC that comes up and you have
to use option 24 again.

----------------------------
Bryan Dietz

Aktion Associates